Saturday, January 17, 2015

Second Nature Entrada

Tribe# 1

When I decided to go into the Wilderness I had no idea what Second Nature Entrada really was about or what I was getting myself into.  I'm a recovering alcoholic and discovered that if I didn't do anything about my disease I was going no where with my life.  It was one of the scariest yet worthwhile decisions I have ever made in my life.  I drove into Utah into a town called Saint George, where I checked in with the administration and submitted my request to go into the woods.  I realized at the time being that I was committing to anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks out in the wilderness.  My only alternative after signing the documents, stating that I am submitting myself to agree to all of the field restrictions and rules.  One being, if I decided that I wanted to leave, I wouldn't be offered a ride.  Matter of fact my only alternative would be to hike 40 or so miles out to the nearest town, which is Saint George.  In fact toward the end of my journey at the treatment in the woods, one of my friends from my tribe, number, one actually after graduating from his entire stay, hiked out of the woods, to Saint George.  He hiked over 80 miles, from the mountains in Nevada, to Utah Saint George in a matter of 4 days!  That's insane.  I learned so much while on my journey out there.  I literally transformed, into a better version of myself, my confidence sky rocketed, I was free from all of the garbage that was consuming energy from me.  It gave me a fresh new sight on life and as hard as it was .  Is as worth it it was.  In the next few months, I'll be writing a book, on the time I was in Second Nature Entrada, everything I saw out there, how I felt along the way and every detail on what I went through!  It will be a great read for anybody who's thinking about sending somebody there truly care about into treatment even if you just want a good read maybe like hiking or are yourself like I was considering on admitting yourself into a treatment center and want to learn more about one of the most intense life changing decisions I've ever made in my life.  Since then, I'm now focused on getting my bachelors degree in Business Communications at a 4 year school, have an intern 30 hours a week, with financial documentation and am wanting to create my own business soon!  Anyway if you like what you've read and think that you or someone you know might find this interesting, feel free to save this blog, or comment and I will do my best to get back to you answering any questions you might have!  I think everybody deserves a second shot at life, I think anonymity is something that's great, during times like these.  In the face of adversity; focus on the big idea, what is it that you want.  Really, because I'm chasing my dreams, I believe that that's what life is about.  I highly encourage everybody to take advantage of this new year.  To embrace sometimes once in a lifetime decision that can give you an.


No comments:

Post a Comment